Although the Lehigh campus is a quiet place over the summer months, Library & Technology Services staff are working hard to upgrade, install, and prepare the many library and technology resources used by our students, faculty and staff. Below are some highlights of the work accomplished this summer.
- Lisa McColl, Dan Huang and their teams added new scholarly titles to ASA, the library calatog including electronic book collections from Oxford and Cambridge Press, new electronic journals content from Wiley, Springer and Elsevier and some new streaming video titles.
- Dan Huang and Mark Canney added a new service for ordering scholarly materials based on faculty and student needs requested through the Inter-Library Loan service. Dan and Mark brought together their teams expertise to identify needed materials and to obtain these materials for the Lehigh Libraries quickly for faculty, staff and students. Also Dan and Mark presented their ideas at a Library Inter-Library Loan Conference and their new service concept was well received and their findings will be published.
- Mark Scott, Mark Canney, and Doreen Herold led their teams in moving the historical government documents collection out of Fairchild-Martindale Library to the Library Materials Center. This collection move allowed the 5th floor of Fairchild-Marindale Library to be dedicated to student collaboration work and created space for a new classroom.
- The Network Engineering Team has expanded outdoor wireless coverage to 17 outdoor access points covering Farrington Square, the UC Lawn, Packer Avenue, grassy area north of the Alumni building, Memorial Walk, upper and lower Centennial, and Taylor Street.
- All public computing sites, labs, and classrooms were upgraded to Windows 10.
- The Classroom Technology Support Team replaced over 80 computers in five locations and expanded/upgraded 13 classrooms with new equipment. For more details see: https://ltsnews.lehigh.edu/2016Updates
- CrashPlan data backup service was implemented. More information on CrashPlan at Lehigh is available at: https://ltsnews.lehigh.edu/crashplan
- Both Cognos and Argos reporting tools were upgraded by the Enterprise Systems team
- Regulatory and functional upgrades were applied to Banner by the Enterprise Systems team
- Lisa McColl was appointed to the Open Library Environment open source library system functional planning group. Doreen Herold is serving on the Open Library Environment/FOLIO facilitator group and Mark Canney, Doreen Herold, Chulin Meng, Chris Creswell, and Michelle Suranofsky are serving on the OLE implementer group. Sharon Wiles-Young was appointed to the Open Library Environment Product Council.
- Jeff Deschler and Bruce Eisenhard presented at the 2016 Resnet Conference at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas on "Automating Copyright Infringement Notices".
- The Argos implementation group (LTS Business Intelligence team and staff from the Registrar, Bursar, Finance, Financial Aid, and Human Resources offices) hosted the 6th annual PABUG Argos mini-summit on August 3. Kurt Weber served on a panel discussing Argos Security and Debbie Feldman joined other Lehigh staff in a session describing the Lehigh journey to adopting Argos.
Library & Technology Services
Bethlehem, PA 18015
27 Memorial Drive West, Bethlehem, PA 18015