If you have ever submitted an online request for LTS Help (lehigh.edu/help), you have used our issue-tracking system, FootPrints. At the start of the year (on or around January 1, 2019), we will roll out a new system, Jira Service Desk, to better meet our needs for managing service requests and incidents.
About Jira Service Desk
Jira Service Desk offers:
- A more responsive, modern, intuitive interface
- A knowledge base that displays help docs matching keywords as you type
- A new web page for viewing and editing outstanding issues
- An improved mobile interface
What happens January 1
On January 1, the LTS Help page (lehigh.edu/help) will change.
- A new knowledge base will allow you to find answers to your questions. It’s in the early stages of development, but the content will grow over time.
- Choose Submit a help request to go to the request form. While the main menu choices remain the same, you’ll notice a new look and feel, and some new options, such as the ability to look at your open requests.
What do I need to do?
No action is needed on your part. After January 1, you will notice a new interface at lehigh.edu/help. Your help options remain the same -- you can always contact the LTS Help Desk for immediate assistance, and you can still Submit a help request for help via the new online form.
Please contact the LTS Help Desk at 610-758-4357 (HELP) or email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Jira Service Desk workgroup
Stacey Kimmel-Smith, project coordinator
Andy Januszak, lead admin
Glenn Piper, co-admin
Dan Schwartz, Atlassian sysadmin
Wayne Mery, FootPrints 12 and 10 admin