On behalf of Library and Technology Services, I'd like to welcome all new and returning faculty, students, and staff to the spring semester, and share a number of service and software highlights.
Library hours and services for spring
Beginning Monday, February 8:
- The Fairchild-Martindale Library will be open extended hours Monday-Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Linderman Library will be open extended hours Monday-Thursday from 7:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Fridays 7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed Saturday and Sunday.
Refer to the Library and Technology Services Reopening Guide for detailed hours of operation and service protocols for the Help Desk, Lending Services, Digital Media Studio, printing outside the libraries, The Grind @ FML, curbside book dropoff and pickup, and more.
Library entrance and safety protocols
- As in the fall, to enter the libraries, tap your Lehigh ID at the main entrance and again inside.
- Be sure to wear your mask properly at all times or you will be asked to leave the library.
- Eating is permitted in the Grind Cafe @ FML only. Lucy’s Cafe in Linderman Library remains closed for the spring semester.
Thank you for helping keep the libraries open!
Tools and software for teaching, learning, and collaboration
- Need Adobe Creative Cloud for teaching or course work? Visit the Adobe software page for information on purchasing a license, installing the software, and more.
- Learn business, software, technology, and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals with LinkedIn Learning @ Lehigh, free to all faculty, students, and staff. Faculty can integrate tutorials into Course Site as a resource to supplement their curriculum.
- Enhance work group communications for the office or classroom with Lehigh Enterprise Slack.
Especially for faculty:
- LTS has just licensed EquatIO, web-based software that allows you to type, handwrite, or dictate mathematical equations and formulas on your computer and add them to Google Docs or MS-Word. Stay tuned for the EquatIO rollout later this month.
- Add Piazza, a robust and highly-intuitive Q&A tool, to your Course Site course! A free, ad-supported version is currently available to faculty and students, but LTS is currently pursuing a campus-wide license and will work with faculty to migrate to this version throughout the spring. More information to follow.
- MATLAB Grader is a browser-based authoring environment for creating and sharing MATLAB coding problems and assessments, and it’s now integrated with Course Site. Learn more.
Missed a winter workshop or seminar?
Reminder to students: Two-factor authentication enrollment required soon!
Beat the spring rush and enroll in 2FA with Duo now! If you have not yet enrolled in 2FA with Duo, once you change your password, you will be required to enroll at your next sign-on to services such as CourseSite, Lehigh Gmail, and Banner.
Welcome again, and best wishes for a rewarding and successful semester!
Greg Reihman, Ph.D.
Vice Provost for Library and Technology Services