Library & Technology Services is pleased to announce R-Drive, a new data storage service that provides all full-time faculty with 1 Terabyte (TB) of individual storage at no cost. Powered by Ceph, R-Drive is operated and maintained on campus by the LTS Research Computing (RC) Team.
Information about R-Drive:
- R-Drive retains daily snapshots of files for 7 days. Supplemental backup is strongly recommended since longer-term archives are not kept.
- R-Drive is configured for individual use and is not intended for sharing with with other faculty, staff, or students.
- Additional storage space for sharing is available at $200 per TB per year including automatic snapshots up to 10TB. Storage space greater than 10TB can be purchased for $100 per TB per year without snapshots.
- Emeritus faculty can request 1TB space at no cost.
- More information is available at https://lts.lehigh.edu/services/faq/r-drive-faq.
Given the many storage options at Lehigh, the LTS Computing Consultants are holding two seminars on Tuesday, March 17 to explain the pros and cons of each option, and how to use Lehigh's Data Classification policy to decide on an appropriate solution. To attend, register at http://go.lehigh.edu/lts-seminars.