LVAIC Information Literacy Symposium
Deconstructing Data: Exploring Data Literacy in Higher Education
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
The 3rd annual LVAIC Information Literacy Symposium will be held on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Moravian College. This LVAIC-sponsored event will bring together our LVAIC community -- faculty, librarians, and other educators -- to discuss how we teach students to read, understand, create, and communicate data.
Join us for presentations, workshops, and panel discussions about data literacy where we will explore successes and challenges in teaching and learning to inspire intercampus dialogue, collaboration, and innovative pedagogy.
Visit the event website for the full schedule and to register. Lunch and a light breakfast will be provided. Registration is free, but space is limited, so sign up early!
For further information, please visit our website or contact a member of the LVAIC Information Literacy Learning Community Planning Team:
- Jasmine Woodson, Lehigh University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jess Denke, Muhlenberg College, email@example.com
- Kelly Cannon, Muhlenberg College, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kim Demyan, Moravian College, email@example.com
- Rachel Hamelers, Muhlenberg College, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carrie Baldwin-SoRelle, Lehigh University, email@example.com
The LVAIC Information Literacy Symposium is funded by the Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges (LVAIC).