LTS and Finance and Administration are pleased to announce the launch of an institutional site license for Zoom, a communications platform that offers audio and video conferencing services across all operating systems and mobile platforms. Zoom facilitates internal and external collaboration across the University, reducing the need for traversing campus for in-person meetings.
No action is required of existing Zoom users, whose accounts have been migrated to Zoom Pro. New users can visit Get started with Zoom.
Benefits of the new Zoom Pro institutional license include:
- Self-service audio and video conferencing.
- Support for a variety of devices such as Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, and any phones. Audio-only conferencing can be done by using only phones.
- Up to 300 participants and meeting duration up to 24 hours.
- Integrated with Lehigh SSO and secure encrypted audio and video conferencing.
- Faculty and staff will have the option to record locally or to the cloud. Cloud recordings are available for 120 days. Students by default will be able to record locally.
- Allow others, such as coordinators, to schedule meetings on your behalf.
- Ability to share content and the entire desktop with co-annotation tools.
- CourseSite integration to schedule and host a meeting.
Effective immediately, Zoom replaces legacy audio conferencing solutions Meet-Me and Windstream Ready Bridge.
The expansion of Zoom licensing is a component of the #HowLehighWorks initiative, part of the university's overall Connections plan to build a more connected Lehigh community. To learn more, visit Lehigh Sustainability.
For more information, contact the LTS Help Desk at 610-758-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bruce M. Taggart,
Vice Provost for Library and Technology Services
Vice President for Finance and Administration